Concerts at Sacred Venues
Some selected peace concerts at sacred venues around the world.
- Sep 24, 1987 – Kamakura Buddha, Kotoku-In Temple / Kamakura, Japan (first of several performances), The Great Buddha Statue of Japan
- Oct 12, 1987 Westminster Abbey / London, England
- Oct 13, 1995 St. Peter’s Basilica / The Vatican
- Mar 10, 1989 Il Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore / Florence, Italy
- Jun 24, 1989 Cathedral of Notre Dame / Paris, France
- Dec 25, 2003 – Borobudur / Java, Indonesia, Renowned Buddhist monument; one of the wonders of the world; UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest Buddhist temple worldwide
Concerts at Man Made and Natural Wonders
- Oct 17, 2004 Niagara Falls / Prospect Point, Niagara Falls, NY
- Jan 11, 2005 – Great Wall of China / Bedaling Section near Beijing, China
- Jan 15, 2005 Qin Shihuang Terracotta Warrior Museum / Xian,
In a peace concert, Sri Chinmoy would perform his own meditative compositions on a dozen or more instruments from diverse range of cultures. His favourite instruments included the Indian Esraj, the flute, and piano / synthesizer.
His songs which number over 20,000 gave voice, in their lyrics and melodies, to the full range of aspiring human experience.
Listen to Sri Chinmoy’s Peace Concerts
- Concert de Paix – Paris Peace concert 1984
- Peace: Divinity’s Dream on Earth – recording of seven peace concerts in US, from 1992
- Cologne Concert 1984
Videos of Peace Concerts